Thursday, November 21, 2013

D-Day part 2 - IIM Calcutta PGPEX results

I am a fan of sequels. It makes me feel that the things or characters in the film I'm fond of will have a continuation.

IIM Calcutta Auditorium


This was yet another regular office days and as usual I was doing time-pass with my Visual Studio 2012 and trying to fix a persisting issue with CSS. Since I got into SPJain PGPM, the secret FB group was my homepage for everything. Even while doing my work, I sometimes go and check out that page just for updates be it for assignments or events or simply some funny shit posted by my would be classmates.

And I saw a post that some guy was leaving the course as he got into ISB. Sigh! Yup. ISB results were out and people who had that option went ahead with it as the branding was a little bit better than SP Jain and people with high experience and international exposure had enough resource available to fund it.

I wished him luck, liked the post and started to go thorough the comments! While I was scrolling down, one post stuck me. Some guy had posted that someone had IIM-C, ISB and IIM-B offers in his kitty.

WHAT D HECK? IIM-C? I was told that it'd be out on 26th! That's 6 days from now. How did these guys know the result?

As usual, my first search was the pagalguy forum. I saw a few posts stating they have seen the results. Some people posted that they got through. 

I quickly clicked the link and it threw an SQL-DB error. I went back to the forum and lots of people were having the same issue and one guy posted a new URL. I clicked it. This time it was a proper page asking me to enter my name and date of birth for validation. I did and saw the following -

"Dear Prithwish Basu,
CONGRATULATIONS ! you have been selected for admission into PGPEX 8th Batch.

Soon you will be receiving the formal offer letter of admission along with the terms and conditions."

I was speechless! I stared at the screen for almost 5 minutes. This changes everything.

0 comments:

Post a Comment